Despite rumors galore of the traditional third installment of this generation of PokéMon games (PokéMon Gray), Nintendo and GameFreak have announced instead the first sequel in the series.PokéMon Black/White 2 is indeed a sequel to the events and story of the original games. Taking place 2 years after the previous games, the Unova Region is mostly now covered in Ice making some old areas impossible to reach now. Since the announcement of the new games, a flood of info about the game has begun to surface over the past few weeks.
- Unity Tower shown
- Route 4 is now lined with building reminiscent of a mining town in architecture
- New gateway building between Route 4 and Nimbasa City
- Entralink is completely different, including no moat, Entree seems to be a fountain, no – Entralink bridge (though it still exists above the rivers)
- Driftveil City is very different, lighthouse does not exist, two “craters” exist, shipping docks are less developed
- New city directly south of Driftveil City, another new city west and slightly south of that, and then Hiougi City southwest of that.
- The electric web in front of Chargestone Cave has been removed
- Challenger’s Cave no longer exists
- Poké Transfer Lab carefully covered with ice
- Ice seems to be translucent, as Poké Transfer Lab’s outline seems to be visible
- New area (building?) due north of Poké Transfer Lab
- There is a yellow building to the right of the Ferris Wheel in Nimbasa City. The path in front of it also now extends across to the stream.
- Castelia City, Anville Town, and Opelucid City seem to be identical to before
- Ice is used to cover up parts of the region, simply an overlay layer
- The PokéMon known as Kyurem will receive two new former, White Kyurem and Black Kyruem. Both forms seem to be a mash up of Kyurem and the previous 2 games cover PokéMon. (Zekrom and Rashiram)
- New gyms and new gym leaders have moved into the Unova Region.
- New locations have been added such as the players’ new Hometown of Hiougi City (translation pending on this one)
- The Unova PokéDex will be more like the National PokéDex in which it will incorporate PokéMon from other Regions as part of the default listing.
As more info rolls out we will do our best to keep you updated. For now though, enjoy the debut trailer below.